Innovative technology that
deliver defect free products......
We offer best welding machines
across industry verticals
Us : 08048419094
» Projection Welding Machines
Projection Welding Machines
Capacitor Discharge Projection Welding Machines
In this resistance welding process, a bank of
capacitors is charged to a pre-set voltage and then discharged through a
pulse transformer. Very high current is passed in very short time resulting
in fantastic projection welding quality. As the machine requires power just
for charging the bank of capacitors, the power (Kva) requirement is
negligible as compared to any other process of resistance welding. This
results in great saving of connected load as well as power usage. As the
weld time is very less (ideally 3 to 12 milliseconds), there is negligible
heating or blackening of welded components and water cooling for the
electrodes is not required.
This technology is ideal for projections welding, dissimilar metal welding
and thin sheet spot welding. Machine users requiring excellent aesthetics,
high regard for power saving and consistency in projection welding should
adopt this technology.
Product Details :
Ask for Price
Machine Control Important Features
- Fully digital and micro-controller based.
- Digital setting and display of all operating parameters like weld
voltage, weld delay etc.
- 8x Presettable weld programs - Eases m/c setting-up in case of a job
change. You just need to change the weld program and all the
corresponding weld parameters would be recalled.
- Pass-word protection for change of parameters. Provides security of
weld parameters by preventing un-authorized change of parameters.
- Weld Quality Monitoring - Measurement and display of peak current,
peak time, RMS current and half peak time for each weld. Facility to set
acceptance band for peak current (i.e. lower limit and upper limit).This
feature facilitates on-line quality assurance.
- Total weld counter - non-resettable.
- Lap counter - This settable counter provides a PLC compatible output
when the lap counter overflows and resets itself. Lap counter is presettable
- Built in over voltage protection - protects capacitor bank from over
- 4x deep non volatile fault history with time stamp.
Projection welding is a
resistance welding process. Projections are made on any one of the
components before welding. The weld area and location is defined before
welding in projection welding unlike in spot welding where weld area depends
on the shape of the electrodes. After passing the weld current for specific
time, the projection collapses under the electrode pressure and the parts
are welded together.
The advantages of projection welding are that multiple projections can be
welded in one shot, flat electrodes are required for welding, minimum dents
and marks after welding etc.
- Large scale reduction in power (Kva) demand as compared to
conventional resistance welding machines. For example our 10Kva CD
projection welder can weld components, which are welded on 50 to 75 Kva
conventional A.C. projection welder.
- No water-cooling required for electrodes due to very short weld
times. Cost of manufacturing electrodes is reduced.
- Negligible blackening and distortion at weld joint. Excellent
aesthetics. No mark on the other side of the weld.
- No effect of normal voltage fluctuation on weld quality. Machine will
not discharge (weld) unless capacitors are charged to the pre-set
- Its a three-phase machine and it can work on Generator set.
- Welding near heat sensitive parts is possible.
- Welding of similar and dissimilar metals possible.
- Installation and operating cost of the machine is very very less. The
more you weld, the more you save.
- Automobile components.
- Auto electricals.
- Sheet metal fabrication.
- Stainless steel cookware and kitchenware
- Leak proof welds
- Fabricated stainless steel impellers
- White-goods (Refrigerators, Microwaves, water heaters etc)
- Control Panels and cabinets
- Hollow metal doors and clean-rooms
- Heavy duty Transformers
- Name plate welding
- Super market displays
- Diamond tools
Yes! I am Interested
here for the list of components made by Capacitor Discharge Projection